We are very excited to announce our joint benefit concert with the LaGrange alumnae chapter! This will be a very special evening celebrating exceptional musicians of all ages. Save the date of Sunday, February 11, 2018!
Thinking of attending, sponsoring, or taking out an ad? See below for details!
AD, Donor, Ticket Order Form SAI Benefit Concert 2018 SAI Benefit 2018 flyer
SAI Sponsorship letter 2018
One of the important business items at the SAI Triennium convention is the announcement of the fraternity goals and objectives for the next three years. The Oak Park chapter takes these very seriously and structures our programming, community outreach, philanthropy, and ritual around these National Goals and Objectives.
We, the members of Sigma Alpha Iota, will:
1. Renew our commitment to the Purpose of SAI, striving for perfection.
2. Honor and respect the traditions of the SAI ritual
3. Work in our chapters and communities to raise the standards of music in all its diverse expressions
4. Advocate for music education, stressing its importance in the world
5. Strengthen and nuture our lifelong connection to SAI members, inspiring each other through loving sisterhood and effective communication
6. Speak enthusiastically about the many projects of our charitable arm, SAI Philanthropies Inc. and support those projects with our donations.
7. Be a catalyst for the creation and performance of American music.
I said I would blog from convention and then you heard crickets?
Why did I think there would be time for that? Between seeing old friends, making new friends, listening to amazing music, attending workshops and meetings, eating, laughing, and shopping it just didn’t happen. But not because I didn’t have anything to write about.
I will gather my thoughts and share some of the wonderful things we did in St. Louis. After I sleep. In the meantime, enjoy a few of my photos. (contributed by Marty)
Heather and I sold out of Founders Bracelets!
Fun with Heather, Rebecca King, Renée Brown and Beth Lopez
Ladies from Kappa Omega and Eta Pi!
Smothering our national president with smooches
Des Moines Alumnae Amy Saylor (and daughter of patroness Libby Hoeft) with national arts association Daniel Brewbaker and Marty!
To get our blog started, I will be posting here from the SAI National Convention in St. Louis! Keep an eye out for fun photos and updates on elections, workshops, music and other events! I know we will have a great time.
In the meantime, I thought I would share a couple of the items we will have available for Phlea Phlam. Bookmarks and Badge Buddies!